Mollie G. Mohan practices primarily in the areas of labor & employment and higher education with an emphasis on litigation and appeals. Mollie represents colleges, universities, and private employers in labor and employment matters at the administrative, trial, and appellate level. Prior to joining the firm, Mollie worked at a large-sized litigation firm in Saint Louis. While in law school, Mollie was a student law clerk to the Honorable Jean C. Hamilton of the United States District Court for the Eastern District of Missouri.
J.D., Charleston School of Law, 2012
- Graduated magna cum laude
- Editor-in-Chief, Charleston Law Review
B.A., Saint Louis University, 2006
- Graduated cum laude
- The Missouri Bar Association
- The Bar Association of Metropolitan St. Louis
- The Women Lawyers’ Association of Greater St. Louis
Selected Publications and Presentations
- Author of the Missouri Chapter of the Employment Law Alliance (ELA) Global Employer Handbook
- “Missouri Passes Law Bringing Discovery Rules More in Line with Federal Rules,” 2019 Association of Corporate Counsel Newsletter
- “E-discovery Myth Busters Brown Bag Lunch CLE,” February 2019
- “Employee Handbook Must Haves,” University of Missouri – St Louis Non-Profit Management & Leadership Program continuing education class, February 2019
- “E-discovery: The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly,” Tueth Keeney CLE, September 2018 (Part I) and October 2018 (Part II)
- “MHRA on the Move: Where We Are Today,” Association of Corporate Counsel Conference, February 2018
- “Navigating Employee Leaves of Absence,” Human Resources Management Association of Greater St. Louis Employment Roundtable, February 2018
- “Navigating Employee Leaves of Absence,” Missouri Association of School Business Officials Fall Conference, November 2017
- “What Nonprofits Need to Know about Personnel and Schedule-Related Policies,” University of Missouri – St Louis Non-Profit Management & Leadership Program continuing education class, August 2017
- “Agency Update,” Association of Corporate Counsel Conference, December 2016
- “Hot HR Topics,” University of Missouri – St Louis Non-Profit Management & Leadership Program continuing education class, October 2016
- “Litigating the Locker Room: Transgender Issues,” Missouri School Board Association Safety Conference, September 2016
- “Privacy in the Internet Age,” 5 CHARLESTON L. REV. 581 (2011)
- “Proposed Change to Civil Lawsuit Pleading Standard Strays Far from Original Federal Rule,” 25 WASH. LEGAL FOUND. 33 (2010)
- Sanders v. City of Columbia. Trial involving former Police Officer for the City of Columbia seeking reinstatement, back pay, and benefits. Judgment for the City/Employer. Upheld on appeal by the Western District of Missouri Court of Appeals.
- Novak v. Board of Trustees of Southern Ill. Univ., 777 F.3d 996 (7th Cir. 2015). Affirming summary judgment in favor of University and three faculty members in disability discrimination claim brought by doctoral student.
- Hatcher v. Board of Trustees of Southern Illinois University, 829 F.3d 531 (7th Cir. 2016). Affirming summary judgment in favor of the University and administrator on a former faculty member’s gender discrimination and First Amendment retaliation claims.