Diane Metzger practices in the areas of immigration law and employment law. From large multi-national employers to small employers who have no prior experience with our nation’s complex immigration laws, Ms. Metzger represents and provides counsel to clients with a wide range of business immigration needs, including but not limited to obtaining non-immigrant visas (e.g. H-1B, L-1, TN, E, O); applying for permanent residency (e.g., PERM, Schedule A, NIW, EB-1); navigating the naturalization process; consular processing and other applications made directly with the U.S. Department of State; out-bound immigration matters when U.S. employees are transferred abroad; and family-based immigration through U.S. citizen relatives, including LGBT family-based immigration.
Ms. Metzger also assists corporate clients with preventive advice and counsel, including advice on immigration-related corporate reorganization issues and corporate compliance & due-diligence matters including, I-9s, E-Verify, and immigration-related audits. Ms. Metzger regularly provides compliance training to her clients.
J.D., Saint Louis University, 2009, cum laude
- Certificate in International/Comparative Law
Executive Masters in International Business (EMIB), Saint Louis University, 2015, magna cum laude
BSBA in International Business, Saint Louis University, 2005, summa cum laude
- 2005 recipient of the John Cook School of Business Outstanding Senior in International Business Award
- The Missouri Bar
- American Immigration Lawyers Association
- Bar Association of Metropolitan St. Louis
Selected Publications & Presentations
- “Update on New Policies Impacting Foreign Workers,” Presenter, Association of Corporate Counsel, November, 2018
- “Employment-Based Green Cards and Adjustment Interviews,” Presenter, AILA MO-Kansas Chapter Fall Conference, November, 2018
- “Issues & Practice Opportunities in Maintaining I-9 Forms for US Employers,” Presenter, The Missouri Bar, August, 2012.
- “Paying the Bill: The real cost of our failed immigration policies,” St. Louis Business Journal, March, 2016
Significant Honors and Awards
- St. Louis Small Business Monthly, “Top 100 People To Know To Succeed In Business” (2017)
Civic and Charitable Activities
- Board Member, Young Variety, Variety The Children’s Charity of St. Louis (2016 -Present)
- Safe Connections, Annual Lotus Ball Committee Member (2016 – Present)
- Saint Louis University, Chaifetz School of Business, Dean’s Advisory Board Member