Austynn L. Hicks practices primarily in the areas of education law, labor and employment law, and litigation. She represents both public and private institutions in education and employment matters. Austynn advises K-12 schools and school districts, charter schools, and private schools with respect to employment, litigation, and student matters.
While in law school at Saint Louis University School of Law, Austynn participated in the Children’s Permanency Clinic, where she represented clients on child-related matters including child orders of protection, guardianships, and custody agreements. In addition, she also worked as a Faculty Fellow for SLU Law’s Academic Resource Center. Austynn also served for two years on the Midwest Regional Board of the National Black Law Students Association as the Midwest Convention Coordinator (2021-2022) and Midwest Director of Mock Trial (2022-2023).
J.D., Saint Louis University, 2023
- Children’s Permanency Clinic
- Faculty Fellow for SLU Law Academic Resource Center
- Admissions Ambassador
- Academic Excellence Award Recipient
- SLU BLSA Diversity Scholars Award Recipient
- Constance Baker Motley Mock Trial Team, Midwest Regional Runner-Up, National Quarterfinalist 2021-2022
- Black Law Students Association
B.S., Xavier University of Louisiana, 2019
- Graduated with a Bachelor of Science in Psychology
- Dean’s List
- X.U. Leads
- The Missouri Bar