Adam Henningsen practices primarily in the areas of education law, labor and employment law, and civil litigation. He has successfully represented public sector and private sector employers in State and Federal Court, and before administrative agencies including the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission, the United States Department of Education Office for Civil Rights, the Missouri Commission on Human Rights, the Missouri Administrative Hearing Commission, and the Missouri State Board of Mediation. Prior to joining the firm, Adam practiced school law at a firm in Kansas City, Missouri.
Adam comes from a long line of public school teachers and administrators. Prior to attending law school, Adam graduated with honors from the School of Education at Mizzou and taught social studies courses at the high school level.
Honors & Awards
- Missouri & Kansas Rising Stars, Super Lawyers®, 2018 – present
J.D., University of Missouri – Kansas City School of Law
- Note and Comment Editor, UMKC Law Review
B.S., Secondary Education, University of Missouri
- Magna Cum Laude
- The Missouri Bar Association
- National School Boards Association, Council of School Attorneys
- Missouri School Boards Association, Council of School Attorneys
- Illinois Association of School Boards, Council of School Attorneys
- Uncertainties Surrounding Credit for Prior Teaching Experience Under Missouri’s Teacher Tenure Laws, 1 UMKC L. Rev. 27 (2013).
- Case Note: Mansourian v. Regents of the Univ. of Cal., 43 Urb. Law. 645 (2011).
Adam frequently gives legal presentations and in-services to a variety of professional associations, employers, school districts, and colleges. Adam has been privileged to deliver presentations which have been sponsored by the following groups and associations:
- Missouri School Boards Association (MSBA)
- Missouri Association of School Administrators (MASA)
- Missouri Council of Administrators of Special Education (MO-CASE)
- Missouri Council of School Attorneys (COSA)
- Missouri Baptist University
- University of Missouri-St. Louis
- Tueth Keeney Illinois Education Law Seminar
- Tueth Keeney Higher Education Law Seminar
- Society of Human Resource Management (SHRM)
- Association of Corporate Counsel (ACC)
- Various employer and school district in-services and staff presentations